Dear friends and teachers, AOA (Assalaam O Alekum - may peace be with you). A frail woman is teetering at the very edge of existentialism. I write you In great sadness and with much anguish, for “only the dead have seen the end of war” (Plato). Those silent on this case are just as silent on all cases from Palestine to Pakistan, Afghanistan to Iraq. Aafias are the victims of every war. Taking a stance on this one, our contemporary, is taking a stance on every Aafia from time immemorial. While we can do nothing about the dead (except lament, or, for the professional academic, write books upon books and treatise upon treatise to get tenure as professors and win accolades for one's scholarship), there is something we can do for the living. Please read the legal concept outlined below in the Editorial. It was set as an international precedent at Nuremberg by the Military Tribunal in which Robert Jackson, the chief prosecuting counsel for the United States, argued culpability of all Allied destruction of Europe resulting in the slaughter of millions of innocent civilians, on the doorstep of those from whose first crime of aggression, “all the evil that followed”. That concept is also a key construct for ascertaining legal culpability and for apportioning criminality in both secular law, as well as moral law, where first cause is held more culpable than its effects. This is almost universal, and a legal truism. Those who claim to be Jurist Doctors, cannot but be aware of it. See my layman's argument below. If argued in proper legalize by those skilled in that profession, it can surely enable refreshing a legal precedent for contemporary times of the here and the now which is entirely clouded in the villainous calculus of “imperial mobilization” (a term from Zbigniew Brzezinski). Sincerely, Zahir Ebrahim, Project Humanbeingsfirst.org ]
- Successful social engineering also requires actual defining acts of terror that can believably foster “conditions of a sudden threat or challenge to the public's sense of domestic well-being”, and cleanly separate time into a “before” and an “after”.
- The New Pearl Harbor of 9/11 was necessary to shatter “the public's sense of domestic well-being.” It immediately accomplished that separation of time into epochs, and instantly cemented the long running mantra of the new boogieman du jour, the “The Roots of Muslim Rage.” Bernard Lewis had planted that seed in the Council on Foreign Relations' Foreign Affairs magazine a full decade before 9/11, self-servingly concluding: “It should now be clear that we are facing a mood and a movement far transcending the level of issues and policies and the governments that pursue them. This is no less than a clash of civilizations.”
- As Hitler too had well understood, mantras must be backed by real acts of fabricated terror in order to realize their full potential as effective PROPAGANDA which can mobilize a nation to do what they would normally not accept to do.
- And it also needs recruits, preferably young angry men and women whose “Muslim Rage” can be harvested, especially for suicide missions.
- The hectoring hegemons need that “empire's justice” which has been juridically administered to the poor Pakistani scapegoat Dr. Aafia Siddiqui, so that it becomes more and more believable to blame future acts of fabricated terror on “radicalized Muslims”, “home grown terrorists”, “Islamofascism” et. al., in order to continue to justify the on-going baby-step construction of domestic police-state.
- The entire world must be eventually governed as a global police-state because: “World government could only be kept in being by force.”
- To anyone with even half a brain, but one which is not entirely uncongenial to reflection, it must have been rather obvious from day-one that in the light of public revelations of the egregious circumstances of Dr. Aafia's bizarre capture and the subsequent orchestration of her show trial, any “justice” administered to Dr. Aafia Siddiqui would only be comparable to the proclamation of the Queen of Hearts in Alice in Wonderland: “off with her head”.
- It must also have been apparent to those inclined to perusing statecraft rather than watching television or reading newspapers for their knowledge of current affairs, that the show trial of Aafia Siddiqui was designed primarily to serve an agenda of the state. Namely, one of calculatingly exercising the “high degree of doctrinal motivation, intellectual commitment, and patriotic gratification” deemed necessary for a “sustained exercise abroad of genuinely imperial power.” A careful reading of Zbigniew Brzezinski's The Grand Chessboard makes the political science and the various mantras behind “imperial mobilization” abundantly clear. The Only Truth About US Justice is that Justice is in the Service of Empire!